Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Like a Virgin with Silvia Violet...

When Silvia Violet was a virgin…

So…in honor of my first solo release, Emery's Ritches…I've decided to celebrate by talking to some very talented authors about their first solo release! *giggles* You see…it isn't all about me all the time…but I do love weaseling my way into the action most of the time…hehe

Today I have been joined by not only talent but beauty as well. She has knocked my socks off with her wit and charm and she has knocked other things off with her talent and va-va-va-voom...*winks*...Let me introduce you to the fabulous author...Silvia Violet!
*blushes* Thanks for that amazing introduction, Havan. I'm thrilled to be here with you.

We are going to discuss Silvia's very first M/M release...*bites knuckle and grins*...dude I love saying that *swoons*...sorry *hangs head* Back to Silvia and her first M/M release... Sex on the Hoof...

And OMG does that title not just knock your assets out? I gotta ask...how did you get this freaking awesomeness of a title?
*giggles*I'm glad you like it. One of the things I love about this series is being able to be a little silly and play with puns. As I thought about funny things someone might say to a deer shifter hero, referring to him as "Sex on the Hoof" came to me immediately, and I knew I had to use it for the title.

Okay...I kinda jumped ahead with that question...my bad...now Sex on the Hoof is a part of a series for Changeling Press right—the Protect and Serve series? Tell us about this...is it easy to take place in a multi authored series? Do your characters make appearances in other author's books and what is your take on that?
I love being part of this multi-author series, because the other authors are fun to work with and their stories rock. The experience of writing for the Protect and Serve series has been easy for me, because the elements that link our stories are fairly simple. All the books have a shapeshifter as a hero or heroine, and one of the heroes or heroines is cop, firefighter, EMT or other uniformed service personnel. We have a group where we discuss certain world-building elements so we don't contradict each other, but we have a lot of autonomy for our own stories.

A little birdy told me that there are actually three books of yours in this series...and that a fourth one will be available soon...please elaborate for us...hehe
*grins* I'm always happy to talk about my Protect and Serve boys. Sex on the Hoof is actually the second book I wrote for the series. The first, Savage Wolf, is an m/f story starring Jason's sister, Natalie. My third book is Paws on Me which stars Drew's Lieutenant, Seth, and a bear shifter. *sigh* I do love bears. Big, strong, furry….where was I? Oh right. I'm working on a fourth book which will also star Drew and Jason. Are you ready for the title?......Hoofin' it to the Altar. It will be available in late summer or early fall.

OMG I love it! Okay…about me for a second *big smiles*…I'm personally going through some withdrawal anxieties with my boys—I was told I had to cut them loose and let them out into the big world without me to protect them *gasps*… did you have any withdrawal pains when you sent Jason and Drew into the real world?
*pets Havan* Withdrawal is hard, isn't it? Sending Drew and Jason out into the wide world was difficult, but they're big strong guys and so far, they've done okay.*grins*

Looking back—now that you have more experience under your belt—would you change anything about Sex on the Hoof or your way of handling its release?
I know a lot more m/m writers and resources like blogs, review sites, etc now than I did then, so I'd have a clearer plan about where and how to let everyone know that Drew and Jason were ready for their persual or….um….reading pleasure.


If you had to turn your virgin experience of publishing your book into an erotic novel what would you title it?
Jump In and Get Wet

What color would you label your first foray in publishing your book and why?
Violet because it's my name and my favorite flower and I think it's full of passion.

Now...just because I love the idea of a deer shifter and vampire being at our mercy...time for a quickie round!!!
Most likely to get down and dirty in public…If you didn't know them very well, you'd think it was Jason, but actually, it's Drew.
Most likely to wear a fedora and rock it…Drew
Most likely to eat food in bed…Jason (and Drew finds that habit abhorrent)
Most likely to be found barefoot…Jason
Most likely to find a stray kitten and bring her home…Jason but only because his sister foisted it on him
Most likely to have a sweet tooth—take it any way you like *winks*…Jason loves to eat sweets and Drew loves to eat Jason
In a silly battle of wills…most likely to refrain from…um…pleasuring themselves the longest…Drew
In a sillier battle of wills…most likely to come first in a race to completion…Jason

And now for my favorite part! *cuddles up next to Silvia...rests my head on her—...smiles big* Silvia promised to read to us tonight...I'm all yours my lovely...
*cuddles Havan to me* Get comfy. Here I go….

Blurb:
Deer shifter Jason Fleetfoot has turned his life around. After years of taking chances, he’s got a job as a crime lab technician, and he’s determined to forgo the risky behavior of his past.

Then he meets Drew Danvers, the only undead detective in the city. Jason hates vampires, or does he? Drew defies all the stereotypes of his kind and something about him has taken hold of Jason and won’t let go.

Will Jason take a chance on a man others would label a risk to his health if not his very life?

You can find Sex on the Hoof @ Changling Press & All Romance Ebooks (ARe)
You can find Silvia Violet @ her website & Facebook Author page


Excerpt:
I’m Jason Fleetfoot. I’ve made a lot of stupid mistakes in my life. The stupidest of all was taking a job with some assholes intent on manufacturing illegal chemical weapons.
My sister, Natalie, lost her job when her company folded, and I lost mine because my fucking boss was a bastard. I’ve got authority issues. And control issues. Alright, I’m seriously fucked up, but I wasn’t going to let my sister starve because I couldn’t keep it together.
So I made a deal with the devil and damn near got myself and Natalie killed. She saved me, she and her cop boyfriend, Wolf. The name’s not a joke. He’s a werewolf. Did I mention we’re shifters, Natalie and I. Deer shifters. If you think my human form is impressive, you should see me as a ten point buck. So yeah, a werewolf and a deer shifter. Somehow they’re making it work.
As much as I hate being beholden to Wolf, I wouldn’t be where I am now if it wasn’t for him. Once the cops cleared me, Wolf helped me get a job in the crime lab where I can use my knowledge of chemistry and computers for the good guys.
As the newest hire, I work nights, babysitting the equipment and working on what comes in during the wee hours. For the most part, I like it. It’s quiet and I get a chance to play around with new techniques and do a bit of programming. There’s only one problem, Detective Drew Danvers.
He works nights too. Not because he’s new, because he’s a God-damned vampire. They say he was Changed against his will. But what the hell was he doing picking up a vampire at a bar? I certainly have no intention of fucking a vampire. No matter how damn fuckable Drew is. Yeah, I like men, what of it? And Drew is a fine specimen of a man, like some Viking warrior. He’s at least 6’3” with sculpted arms and pecs that make him look like he could lift a truck one-handed. Considering he’s a vamp, he probably can.
Getting involved with Drew would be stupid on too many levels to count. And I’m finished with making stupid decisions. So why does my body want so desperately to be impaled on him – his cock, his fangs, anything he’d like to stick in me. Natalie’s right, my dick really doesn’t communicate with my brain. I don’t just want to fuck him, I want to be taken by him, and I never want that. Like I said, I have control issues. But with Drew . . . No, there’s never going to be anything with Drew.
I hear the buzz that signals someone entering the lab. I glance around from behind the mass spec machine. Shit! Speak of the devil or in this case his undead minion.
My pride will not let me hide even though I want to. I’m not afraid of him, even if I should be. I’m just afraid my unruly cock will give away my interest.
His gaze slides up and down my body. He’s looked at me like this before. But I have never been sure whether it’s sexual interest or him salivating over me like I’m a piece of the lush chocolate cake my grandma used to make on Sundays. “You alone in here, Fleetfoot?”
Shit, maybe he does mean to make a meal out of me. No point in lying though. He probably already knows the answer. Aren’t vampires supposed to be damn near omnipotent? “Newton called in sick, and everyone else is out in the field.
“Good.” Danvers smiles, still eyeing me like I’m prey. If I was in deer form I’d bolt, white tail flagging danger. But I’m a man and his ice blue gaze has me glued to the spot. God above, he’s gorgeous when he smiles. My cock is starting to get uncomfortable in my jeans.
My heart pounds as I try to interpret his response. Does he mean “good I’m going to give you to the best fuck of your life” or “good I’m going to drain your blood and leave you for dead”?

4 comments:

  1. *curls up next to Silvia and sighs* um...just because the interview is over do we have to stop cuddling?

    Thanks for coming honey *winks*...this series is freaking hot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snuggles Havan tighter* Nope, no reason to stop cuddling, none at all. Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Sex on the Hoof! I'm on the LIAW proof team and had a chance for a sneak peek at Sylvia's story for that event and just can't wait to read more of her work. Yeah! I'll be getting this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed His True Nature. I had a lot of fun with that story :)

    ReplyDelete