Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Love is Love...Jaxx Steele


Hello everyone,
I stopped by today to share my views on Love. This tour is to show that Love is Love. I write romance because I believe that. I chose to write gay romance because I believe that love is love. A lot of people think that it is wrong for a man to love a man, but I don’t think so. I think love is about the passion not the people. If a man can exhibit love and passion toward a woman surely it is possible to extend that toward a man. I write stories that are filled with the love, passion and companionship men show toward other men….and there is nothing wrong with that!
That is my humble opinion, my wonder readers. I hope that after following this tour you will too. In the mean time I would like to share with you one of my love stories. Yes…a love story. One that will touch your heart and body. J Here is a peek at And then there was Anthony.


After the death of his lover, Luke Finley took dating off his list of things to do. After meeting Anthony Dixon he found it difficult to keep the handsome man safely on the friend list. Will Luke let the ghosts from his past prevent him from having love in his future?

Excerpt:
The man sitting with Nick turned around and Luke stopped in his tracks. He managed to keep his mouth from dropping open, but couldn’t prevent the gasp from escaping his mouth. The computer guy had the brightest, most sparkling brown eyes Luke had ever seen. They reminded him of a cup of freshly poured cup of cola sitting in the sunlight. The man landed a deliberate gaze on him that felt like a physical touch gliding over his skin.
He and Nick stood to greet him. Luke took in the stranger’s masculine features and everything around him seemed to fade. No hair obstructed the view of the man’s strong looking square jaw. His full lips were sensual and the dimple in his left cheek was prominent when he smiled.
Most men were taller than Luke’s five foot six inches, but this Anthony Dixon was massive. Nick stood six foot two and even he had to look up to the man. His broad shoulders and muscular stature couldn’t be hidden beneath the expensive-looking suit he wore. The jet black material over the beige shirt fitted him too well to be off the rack and complemented his caramel skin tone beautifully. Luke swallowed to wet his suddenly dry mouth while he gathered his wits and continued across the room.
“Luke, I’m glad you made it, man,” Nick greeted, patting him on the shoulder. “Luke Finley, this is Anthony Dixon, owner of Dixon Web Designs,” he added extending his hand to the stranger.
Luke took the stranger’s outstretched hand. Anthony’s grip was warm and firm. The skin-on-skin contact sent tingles up his arm as Anthony jerked it up and down.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Luke.”
Anthony’s smooth, baritone voice vibrated over Luke’s skin sending an erotic pulse to his groin and lightning strikes of pleasure to his nipples. The realization surprised him. No one’s voice had ever turned him on before.
“I—I apologize for the delay. Thank you for waiting for me, Mr. Dixon.”
“It was no problem, and please call me Anthony. I think that’s okay if we’re going to be working together,” Anthony said, offering him a seat. “Any friend of Nick’s is a friend of mine.”
The three men sat down and Luke put the basket in the center of the table.
“I brought a peace offering. Is it all right if we eat as we talk?”
“Of course. This doesn’t have to be a formal meeting if you’re not comfortable with that kind of scene. I want to make this as easy for you as possible.”
“Thanks. I must admit I’m not very techy at all. That’s why I asked Nick to find me someone to help. He knows all about that kind of stuff.”
Anthony angled his head to look into the basket. “Are these from Morning Glory down on Eighth Street?” he asked, removing a Danish.
“Yes, that’s my shop.”
Anthony’s face lit up. His eyes danced happily and an exuberant grin spread across his face. Luke’s heart fluttered at the sight.
“Really? I love that place. Making a website for you will be easier than I thought,” he said, opening his laptop.
“Nick didn’t tell you I owned Morning Glory?” he asked, turning to his friend.
“When I set up the meeting I just gave Anthony the basics. I had a friend that wanted a website for his business and that you were in the food industry,” Nick supplied with a shrug.
Luke nodded, turning back to Anthony. He held the cheese Danish between his lips as he typed. Taking a bite, he used one hand to complete his task.
“Mmm, these are so good, my favorite actually. I used to stop by your place on the way to work to get one every morning.”
Luke’s eyes widened. “Really? When was that? I never saw you. I wouldn’t have missed someone like you in my store.”
Anthony’s eyes shifted toward him. A rush of heat quickly filled Luke’s cheeks. He made the attempt to fumble out a retraction.
“No!” he said, shaking his hand. “I just mean I wouldn’t have missed a man as big as you.”
An amused smile touched Anthony’s lips as he turned to fully face Luke.
“Wait! That’s not what I wanted to say,” Luke rushed out. “I’m just trying to say that I usually notice when good-looking men come into my store,” he expressed more slowly.
Luke gasped, then pressed his lips together. He groaned and closed his eyes.
Just shoot me.
Nick’s abrupt laughter startled him. Luke’s eyes popped open and he turned to glare at his friend.
“I, uh—” Anthony cleared his throat to swallow his own obvious titters. “I used to go by there earlier this year on the way to work to get a cherry-cheese Danish and coffee,” he explained waving the Danish slightly. “I did it for a few months, but, as the weather warmed, many of my clients requested morning meetings so I got out of the habit.”
Nick didn’t bother to muffle his continuous laughter at Luke’s expense. Luke kicked Nick’s shin under the table.
“Oww! Oh…look at the time,” he corrected, quickly looking at his watch. “I’m going to go and let you good people handle your business without me.” Nick stood and extended his hand.
“Anthony, always a pleasure. I’ll continue to keep you in mind when someone mentions they need a website. Give me a call when you got some free time.”
“Thanks, Nick. I will.”
“Luke, I’ll call you later,” he said with a wide grin, clapping him on the shoulder.

And then there was Anthony is available now at Silver Publishing.

1 comment:

  1. Love this excerpt! I've read a lot of your posts on Guyslikeromancetoo, Jaxx. Always sexy and fun. I think you have this whole love thing down just right. So glad you're part of this tour. :)

    ReplyDelete