Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Just a friendly reminder to follow your dreams #dreambig #dowhatyoulove #newyorkpost

Recently I got the opportunity to quit my EDJ (evil day job) and take on writing full time. Well, I couldn't pass it up.

Yay for me, right? *whoop whoop and bouncing*

But OMG what a daunting feat…I’m so scared about falling on my well rounded assets.

What if I fail?
What if I can’t earn a proper living?
What if my kiddo starves because I was selfish and followed my dream?
What if my writing really isn’t good enough?
What if…
What if…

But I never stopped to ask myself “What if I succeed?” Holy shit! That’s a concept, right?

What if my attitude improves since I’m no longer stuck in a job I hate?
What if I now get more time with kiddo instead of splicing it between EDJ and being an author?
What if my kiddo learns…
to follow dreams from my example?
to smile more because mommy is?
to not be afraid of taking risks?
What if I succeed?

These short YouTube snippets by the New York Post dubbed Do What You Love are good reminders that I’m not alone in taking risks and putting myself out there…and they motivate me to continue to do what I love so I wanted to share them with you. :)



P.S. On a side note…there are many people that helped me not only make the decision to quit my EDJ and move away from the only home I ever knew to tackle my dreams—but helped me with the logistics of it, also.
I love each and every one of them and will forever be their number one fan/supporter/cheerleader/friend. In all reality they are my family, whether by blood, sweat or tears…and knowing they are in my life by choice and not demand makes everything I do possible. Thank you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment